Monday, August 8, 2011

The wonders of child labour


When we took possession of our new house, the extensive paved areas around it all looked like this shot above.  Weeding that was certainly on my list but way, way down as my priority is to get the house to a stage that we can move in to.

But through the wonders of child labour by a very determined child who is madly saving up to buy herself a laptop, a large part of that paving now looks like this.


What's even better is that she's taken on the ongoing maintenance contract.  Who needs Hire a Hubby when you can hire a daughter.

4 comments:

  1. Good on ya! Never too early to foster a good healthy work ethic. By the way the paving looks really rather lovely. I am wondering if it is just the focus upon it, capturing something we rarely take the time to see, but truly the colours and pattern are very appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite like those pavers too, but we just have so jolly many of them. Suspect I'll like them a bit less in summer when I'll be able to fry eggs on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so pleased to see that your girl child is of good use... I always thought she would be! I check in on your blog from time to time, & Deidre, it always brings a smile to my face. Thank you for that.
    Much love
    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lou! Helloooo! We were just talking about you and your wonderful school today. On our second try the children have now found a primary school up to the (super high) standard to which they were accustomed. I should also mention that my boy child has been making himself useful too. He is chief unscrewer.
    Much love back, Deidre

    ReplyDelete